12/30/2015

Vermont Smoke and Cure


 Okay, okay. So the words "meat stick" can sound kind of gross, conjuring up images of strange animal parts in a blender... or maybe that's just me....  
But here's the thing. My family does the dairy-free gluten-free thing on a tight budget and since returning back to the US this year I probably don't have to explain that I am a bit shell shocked at how much some food prices have risen recently in our country.  It can be a challenge to walk into a food store with the biggest desires and best intentions to purchase organic, socially responsible goods and then realize some pricey products have to be left out of the cart to make it through the check-out line.  

Often for my family, we stretch our meat purchases or simply don't buy meat as often as we'd like.  But I find myself wanting our little guy to have it even when I can't.  When I walked into Whole Foods recently and spotted these awesome meat-stick beauties being marketed all over the store, I paused to take a look at this local product that is just the right size for a six-year old lunchbox or an afternoon snack. Getting over the word "meat stick" was all it took to enjoy the price and taste of these puppies. With very simple ingredients, these Vermont Smoke and Cure small-batch products are an affordable, tasty treat I highly recommend.  Not only are they made in a number of different flavors, but they also happen to be six-year-old approved.  


To check out more of Vermont Smoke and Cure's awesome products on a gorgeous website that brings you smack into the heart of the Green Mountains, click here: http://www.vtsmokeandcure.com/